An insurance agent must be seen as a guide or highly specialized person who will guide future policyholders in an important decision related to their health care.
The National Insurance and Bonding Commission (CNSF) has emphasized the profile and characteristics that every insurance agent must cover and/or possess, and that is that the agents are in charge of providing specialized advice to users prior to hiring insurance.
Contracting health insurance or major medical expenses implies listening to proposals, knowing the services of the different insurance institutions, understanding the conditions of the product, asking about the products and their scope, to finally close the contract (in a very general way).
That is why insurance agents must cover a specific profile and possess certain characteristics.
- Knowledge of your product and the market in general. Nobody can sell a service or product that they don’t know. Agents must know the particularities of the plans that insurers handle, as well as their limitations. Similarly, it is essential that information on the sector be handled and kept up to date on related issues.
- It must inspire confidence in customers. Hiring health or major medical insurance is an important personal financial decision, so earning customer trust is a priority. An agent who handles statistics exposes the benefits of a policy and is linked to the future insured, to the degree of causing him security, will always inspire confidence and closeness at the time of closing a contract.
- Have ease of speech. It is a fact that people will always ask about the services and conditions stipulated in the policy to be contracted; therefore, agents must have the ability to express themselves clearly and precisely verbally, that there are no doubts in the air. All people like to feel that they receive personal attention.
- Interest in improving your service. This characteristic implies giving an extra to the service provided to future policyholders; answer all the doubts that may arise after signing the contract, establish contact with them to follow up on the quality of their services, and in the event that there are new offers and advice in general.
- Denote security and project it in the sale of the services it offers. An agent who is sure of the product he sells and its benefits will certainly be able to close contracts. Agents should not limit themselves to describing the insurance they offer; the important thing is to explain why this service makes a difference in the market or why it solves the customer’s need.
When And How Do You Call On The Deposit?
In the event of non-payment by the tenant, the landlords who manage their rental themselves send them a reminder by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, with a copy to the deposit.
There is no legal obligation to send a copy of the reminder to the surety, but the judges believe that this is one of the things to do from the 1st unpaid. For some, this falls within the framework of the obligation to inform the surety. But this is not written, and the Court of Cassation has not yet ruled on this subject. There is, therefore, no established case law, and it is more a question of a precautionary principle.
In the event of a joint surety, the lessor may act directly with the surety and send him formal notice to honor his surety commitments by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt. So it is sometimes easier and faster from the 1st unpaid to send a copy of the reminder to the surety in order to inform him of the situation. The latter is then notified of the default; she knows that she can be called upon, and she can intervene with the tenant to settle the arrears or do it for him before the situation worsens.